Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going bald. Quickly.

I’ve decided to shave my head. I’m sorry if you don’t agree with my decision, but, I'm sick of people judging beauty by hair, and outside appearances. I want to be considered beautiful for who I am on the inside. I don’t think it’s fair that society gets to dictate who is beautiful and who isn’t, by what they look like.

This is really important to me. I understand that I may not be the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen, but that’s the point. I’m not doing this because its beautiful, I’m doing this because its not.

Part of me questions whether or not I'm strong enough to do this. Am I going to crack beneath stares, comments, and societal taboo? Samin supports my decision completely, and says she's got my back. She says the sentiment, on its own, is beautiful.

While I'd like to sport my shaved head 24/7, I'll have to get a wig for sunday mornings. Not for the adults, but, for the children. Also, it would be wise to wear it around Joshua and Samantha, as well.

As much as my mind is made up, I still have details to work out.....

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Micaela said...

Well, it seems as if you've made up your mind. Only time will tell if this is the right decision for you. While I may not agree with it or think it's the greatest idea, you KNOW I love you no matter what, and I think you're beautiful both inside and out. Work out the logistics and when you're ready to get a wig, I've got a great wig lady and her shop is in Covina. We can go visit her or something.

Saraa615 said...

I'm not shaving, shaving......

Just buzzing.