Thursday, June 17, 2010

Frankenstein

If I could create a perfect world, alcohol wouldn't be in it. I HATE the person my stepdad turns into. I hate that he becomes a controlling, sloppy, coldhearted animal... I call him an animal, to describe his emotionless state. Its as though he's just going through the motions. Like Frankenstein. And, similar to Frankenstein, the only emotion he shows is anger.


Last night, he came to the gym, drunk, looking for me. Of course, I wasn't there. Mom and I lied to him, and told him I was going to the gym, when really, I was headed to Micaela's house. He was so angry... "You're at the gym," he sneered, "so come outside!" He knew full well that I wasn't there. On and on he went, so finally, I hung up and hurried home. Driving, I got so scared and didn't want to go home. I wanted to go back to Micaela's and lock all the doors and windows. I knew I couldn't do that.. So I called Molly instead. Molly is a therapist at The Bella Vita. She is SO good with Keith. Both of her parents were alcoholics, so she knows what its like. I scrambled with my words, and told her I was scared. I told her I lied to keith and now he's chasing after me, and that he's drunk. She told me to go home, and have my mom call her. But, when I got home, I was alone. 'He still must be out there driving around....,' I thought. I took advantage of this and went to sleep right away, so I would avoid a fight with him.

This morning, he comes into my room and tells me last night wasn't his fault. He pinned it all on my mom who wouldn't tell him where I was. About an hour later, I get a text saying, "Have a good day. Keep up the good work, I am so proud of you." WTF. Why cant he be that person all the time??!

I hate Frankenstein.

No comments: