I am a man -who happens to be Transgender. But I am 100% a man.
My hair is short and masculine. I aways bind. I always pack. I take pride in the little body hair I have.
But some days I just want to put on a Kurt Hummel inspired outfit and get together with mah girls, gossip, and talk about cats.
Problem, Society?
In a world where men are expected to be tall, strong, athletic, tough, aggressive, non-emotional... There is no room in society for self expression.
Gender roles and sexuality are supposed to be freely expressed, not judged, by each person in a way that makes that said person healthy, happy, and comfortable with who they are as a human being. Instead, everyone is trapped by these stereotypes that limit who we are "supposed to be", and how we should act in public.
Stereotypically, why can't women change the oil? and Men bake a batch of peanut butter cookies? Why does it have to be so cookie-cutter perfect?
And whats up with gender roles? I would love to see a man comfortable enough to watch the game in silk pajamas! Or put on a mask because his face has died out. These things are not just for women! In the same setting, I would love to see a women who can grill up a couple of hearty steaks on the grill, while wearing her favorite high heels!
There is NO "Right" or "Wrong" way to express yourself. Gender expression is open to all types of interpretation, and swaying from the "Almighty Manly Man" doesn't make you any less of a man. Just like, not identifying as a "Frilly, TuTu wearing, Girly Girl" makes someone any less of a woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment