Sunday, November 15, 2009

Eric Paul

When I wrote my last post, last month, I wasn’t aware of what was coming to me. Little did I know, the very next day, my brother would be taken from us. My little brother was the only one who didn’t fit the bill of what I had written. He and I cared for eachother, and were able to escape to one another, when our parents were stupid. Caroline and Amanda are both self-centered, and only care about Number 01. While Eric and I both had our moments, as we got older, we began to depend on eachother a little more. He knew he could come to me with everything, and after he moved, that still hadn’t changed. On his bad days, Eric would call and scream about Daddy... yell about Chris being Bitchy... Eric was always vulnerable enough to cry. He didn’t hesitate to share with me, what he was feeling. On better days, Eric would call me at four in the morning, and ask, “What are you doing?,” as if it is strange for me to be sleeping. I told him never to call me at four in the morning, again...... I wish I hadn’t. Even so, he loved calling to tell me about his play, and his good (and sometimes, not-so-good) grades. But usually, he called while he was playing video games. You can barely hear him over the guns, and men shouting, “Medic!!!! Meddiiiccc!!”

I didn’t think of how great Eric is, when I was ranting about my family... And now it is too late. Had I only known October 18, when I wrote the post. Had I only known October 17, when I had him on the phone.... Cus now, all I have left are memories, and his voice saved to my mac.

No comments: