Saturday, April 10, 2010

Here We Go, Again...

Amanda- Here we are again. Sitting on this cold, dreadful plane. Why are you doing this? Sarah, you don't want to go to Texas.... And yet, here we are. Again. You're wasting your mothers money, when you could have stayed home like you wanted. Sarah- You're right about one thing. I don't want to be here. I don't want to sit on this plane, thinking about Eric, knowing I'm going to see Toni, Fany, the Mangums.... I would rather sit in bed and hide away all weekend. But this weekend isn't about me. It's about Eric. I have to suck it up and do what I have to do. I have to live because Eric can't. Amanda- What's gonna happen when you get there, and you can't stop crying?... Everyone is going to stare at you, and want to talk. What's gonna happen when you get there and you don't shed a single tear?... You're going to appear heartless. Made of stone. Face it, you can't win. Coming here was a bad idea all around. Plus, just wait till Fany sees you. She's gorgeous. You're nothing but a white, freckled, ugly, pathetic excuse for a human being. She hated you. The only reason she ever talks to you is because she misses Eric. It has nothing to do with you personally. Just accept the fact that Eric got all of the attractive genes. And they died with him. Sarah- I wish Megan could have come with me. I don't want to be here alone. But I know what Megan would say... "You don't need me, kiddo. All of the strength, power, and confidence you need is found right inside of you. I pinky promise." Amanda- What that really means is, "I don't feel like helping you.... Deal with it on your own, kid." Sarah- No! Megan loves me, and she wants what is best for me. Unfortunately, what's best for me means letting go of her, and embracing myself. But, I have my "Love Rock," and so long as I have it, I've got Megan in my back pocket. I don't have a choice but to get through this weekend. Running away is NOT AN OPTION! ...As Megan always says. I just have to remember to live in the moment. Experience things as they happen, without anticipating the worst. Amanda- Yeah, well, good luck with all of that. I don't wanna have to say, "I told you so."

No comments: