Had he been alive up to this point, my little brother Eric would have been 17 in 3 days. This is supposed to be his Golden birthday. Age 17 on the 17th of August. Well, woo-hoo. What's supposed to be the best birthday of his entire life, he's celebrating it in the ground. Still, I almost can't believe that he's gone... But, it's moments like this that make it all too real.
I don't have any plans for his birthday. If anything, I'll write on some balloons and let them go.... but that isn't a special thing.... I send him balloons all the time. For some reason, I feel more connected with him, as though he's waiting to catch my balloon. People, like my dad, on the other hand, rub it in that he will never actually receive my messages. Because after all, he is dead. (I hate people like that.)
My dad & his wife have a whole day planned out. They are going to the hospital where Eric died, (There is a Wall of Fame there, where Eric's picture hangs -along with other donors) and they are putting a green ribbon on his picture. Then, they are going to Hooters, where Eric had his birthday last year...... My daddy is doing other things but I don't want to get into all of that.
The more I think about it, I want to see a Medium. I want to talk to Eric one more time. His death day is coming around the corner.... In 2 months it will be a year since his death.. I can't believe its been this long.
Well, anyway....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE BROTHER. I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH....
No comments:
Post a Comment