I am a biological woman, there is no doubt about it, and I was never born into the world of Trans-- Meaning, I've never had a desire to have Gender Reassignment Surgery.
As far as Female Femininity goes, I've been able to dress up and throw a pair of heels on... But the spritz and glamour of it all has never been my thing. I've watched my sisters, cousins and friends get all worked up over purses, shoes, make-up, clothes, panties, earrings, jewelry, nail polish, perfume.... No, Thank you. I would rather not spend half my day looking at style magazines, and worrying about what's "IN" for 2012.
But, does female masculinity mean that I have to bench 240, and buy the latest baggy jeans for guys? Isn't that Male Masculinity? Why can't I style my hair like the next dude's, and wear lady's jeans? Except, I don't want to carry a woman's purse around everywhere I go. Guy's jeans have larger pockets, big enough for a wallet and phone... I can clip my keys, and I'm ready to go!
I'm still figuring out my style... I've been dressing as a woman for the best of 20 years! The clothes I own are for women. I've already thrown out my dresses, skirts, things of that sort.... With the Bulimia, a lot of my clothes didn't fit anymore anyway, so those went too. The next time I go shopping, I'm planning on buying gender appropriate clothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment